The work project you have been diligently plugging away at for the last few months is finally coming together and just in time for the deadline. You have made all necessary changes, gotten final approval, dotted your “i’s” and crossed your “T’s”. Then the power goes out unexpectedly. You panic because you fear data may have been lost and when the system reboots things are not as they once were. What do you do now? You need IT Remote Services.
At M&H Consulting we have several solutions to this common problem faced by businesses every day. One solution is our Remote Service Solution. While often times, being on site can save time and money, there are still issues best resolved remotely. There are times when getting to a company may take longer than actually solving the problem. M&H Consulting has multiple methods of making this happen and helps ensure an efficient time frame for resolving issues while saving our clients money. What better way to handle IT support and computer support issues than to quickly and efficiently connect in remotely to your system.
There are many reasons why remote services may be the best solution. Perhaps there is a tight deadline, complex deployment, or increased end user demands. There are times when companies need more hands on deck to ensure that a project goes smoothly. Sometimes our on demand IT expertise is just what is needed to troubleshoot problems. Call M&H Consulting today to discuss our Remote Solutions for your company. Call 1-(866)-964-8324
Or check out our website at http://www.mhconsults.com.
Staying in touch with employees is becoming a bigger challenge every year. Companies must deal with employees who work remotely, employees who travel out-of-state, vendors who work in other locations and businesses that have multiple offices. With all of these diverse workforces the need to collaborate is more important than ever. Thankfully, there are a host of collaboration software tools that have sprung up to help these workers communicate, collaborate, and get things done.
So then what are the best tools to share documents, schedule meetings, organize the workload, and video conference? Some of the software is free, others are paid. Some are elaborate and come with a steep learning curve, others are so intuitive that the average user can be productive in minutes. Whatever you choose should be structured in a way that not only meets the demands of your business but also matches the style of your office personality.
Here are a few things to look for when choosing collaboration tools for your small to medium-sized business.
- A Range of Communication Styles – Look for a tool that allows you to be formal and structured, such as emails to respected clients or proposals to a new business lead but also allows for communication that is less formal. Chit chat about less important questions and things that need no formal logo or letterhead should be considered. We communicate in many different ways with clients and employees – make sure this tool allows you to do that.
- A Range of When a Communication Needs to be Dealt with – Look for a collaboration tool that both allows you to schedule out communications such as PR releases, emails, and reminders that may be due in weeks or months. But also look for a tool that allows for immediate communication such as instant messenger or a chat feature to get answers quickly. Real-time communication is a must especially when businesses are dealing with employees in multiple locations.
- Is the Tool Cloud Based? While it would be great to rely on everything from your main base of operation, it is also not realistic. The right cloud-based tool can be used to securely communicate and collaborate with those outside the organization, even if they do not have the same software or compatible software.
We have compiled a list of resources that can help get you started in choosing the right collaboration tool for your business.
Do you need IT training for yourself and your employees but haven’t been able to organize a time that’s best for everyone, or can’t find a good time to leave the office? What happens when new employees come onboard and they don’t know how to work the business software or need training?
Well-trained employees are essential to the success of your business. A lack of training could mean that employees make critical mistakes that cost you time and money in the long run. While finding a co-worker who is savvy in the technology that is out there may help with some short term training and filling in the gaps, we recommend using our services of training your workforce on the software the right way, the first time. Here is why you should let M&H Consultants aid with your employees training when it comes to newfangled software or hardware.
- You no longer have to worry about spending your time deciphering the tech speak and associated issues. Our team will handle any technology requests you have for every and all aspects of IT support and computer support.
- M&H can assess your needs first. If your employees are struggling with certain software or common issues, then training for that specific problem is best. We can also provide one-on-one training for more complex issues or the onboarding of new employees.
- Effectively educating your employees can improve your chances of success and business growth. When employees know how to use the technology properly they can handle client issues with ease and improve the quality of their work.
- Training has many benefits for your staff. They acquire new skills, increasing their contribution to the business and building their self-esteem.
- Training can make your staff feel appreciated. As they see you investing time and money in their professional development, retention and morale can increase.
Gone are the days of business conference rooms with one long table, harsh fluorescent lighting and the most advanced technology in the room being a standard definition television set and a white board. Today’s conference rooms or boardrooms are evolving as the technology advances and are dazzling clients with modern technology. Are you debuting a sleek, new conference room and need technical support to help you choose the right hardware and software to allure clients? Our staff here at M&H Consulting has decades of experience planning and completing projects to ensure that your business and business conference room steps into this century. Here are a few ideas of how to “tech-out” your company’s conference room.
- A Good Television – In order for video conferencing and business presentations to work, a large shared screen is absolutely essential. The higher the quality and definition, the better. Proper mounting will allow for easy access to HDMI cables and outlets depending upon your mode of presentation.
- Projectors and Screens – If your company hosts medium to large conferences for clients or employees, be sure to consider investing in a high grade projector and wall mounted wall screen/smart board. This technology will allow all attendees to view images, slides and presentations easily with greater brightness and bigger images.
- Sound System – To go along with your video conferencing, presentations and slides, you will need a reliable sound system. Speakers, microphones and sound system components should be carefully placed around the room so to ensure that all attendees are able to hear the information and participate.
- Wireless Options – Accommodating clients that may bring their own technology as well as your employees that bring laptops, tablets and phones to your meetings can mean that you have cables and wires running around the room. You may want to opt for a cleaner look and easier access to being “plugged in” with some wireless options. Allowing for the right bandwidth for every member at the meeting is also critical for presentations.
Call M&H Consulting to help you setup your new conference room and you may find that not only will you impress your clients, but find that your meetings go over well and run smoother than ever.
A data center is a large group of networked computer servers typically used by organizations for the remote storage, processing, or distribution of large amounts of data. Commonly, data centers are run by large companies or government agencies. However, they are also increasingly used to provide a fast-growing cloud solution service for private and business applications. Does your company use a data center?
According to Palo Alto Networks, data center architectures and requirements can differ significantly. For example, a center built for a cloud service provider like Amazon EC2 satisfies significantly different facility, infrastructural, and security requirements than a completely private data center, such as one built for the Pentagon that is dedicated to securely maintaining classified data. Does your data center provide these services and technology? Here are some elements of an effective data center.
- Facility – The amount of whitespace or usable space that allows access to information makes them high energy consuming facilities. Computers get hot and need adequate ventilation, cooling and protection. Environmental controls should keep the center within specified humidity and temperature requirements.
- High Grade IT Equipment – Look around a data center and you should see high quality hardware, cables, servers and racks. There should also be several levels of security, such as software and hardware security – a must to protect your remote storage items.
- Support Infrastructure – According to Palo Alto Networks, equipment should contribute to securely sustaining the highest level of availability possible. The Uptime Institute defined four tiers data centers can fall under with availability ranging from 99.671% – 99.995%. Some components for supporting infrastructure include: uninterruptible power sources (UPS) – battery banks, generators, and redundant power sources, Environmental control – computer room air conditioners (CRAC), heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, and exhaust systems, Physical security systems – biometrics and video surveillance systems
- Operating Staff – Data centers should have IT professionals monitoring the center for issues and glitches continuously.
We all know about it and we all know the importance of it, but somehow, we forget to do it until it is too late. We’re talking about backing up your computer! For businesses this is an extremely important act in order to ensure that all your important files are saved and will continue to be saved somewhere in case of a computer crash.
For Windows computers, there are two different forms of backups, file backup and system backups. File backups are exactly that; it is when you backup different types of files onto an external hard drive or network. System backups copies the entire Windows operating system including your programs, files, and settings in order to help restore your computer after a computer crash.
File backups are much simpler than system backups. Simply connect either an external hard drive or network to your PC. Go to “Start” > “Setting” > “Update & Security” > “Backup” and then select the location for backup (external hard drive or network). To help make the backup process go by faster, you can select which files you do or do not want to backup by going to “More Options.”
Many times, while backing up files, some of them may go missing. In order to restore these missing files, search “Restore files” on the task bar, then go to “Restore your files with File History.” Once there you will be able to find the missing file and decide whether you want to restore it in its original version at its original location or at its backup location.
To restore in original location: Go to missing file and select “Restore”
To restore in a different location: Go to missing file, select “Restore” > “Restore to” and then select the location to restore it.
System backups can be much more complicated than file backups. If you need to backup your PC system and would like assistance in doing so, contact M&H for help!
Backing up your computer is essential for giving your hard drive space and ensuring that your important files are safely stored. There are multiple ways in which you can backup different files, large or small. Two ways in which you can back up data is through Time Machine and iCloud.
Time Machine Backup:
Through Time Machine you can back up data to either an external hard drive or network. In order to back up with a hard drive, you would need to connect the hard drive to the computer. You would also have to connect your computer to the network if backing it up this way. Once your preferred backup location is connected, go to “System Preference” > “Time Machine” > “Select Disk” and then select “Encrypt Backups” to protect your files from hackers.
By backing up through Time Machine, you are able to continue using your computer as normal. However, to prevent your computer from slowing down too much during this process, go to “System Preferences” in Time Machine and select “Options.” Through here you will be able to select which items you do and don’t want to backup.
If you wanted to backup music from your iTunes, it’s best to backup through Time Machine as well. To do this go to iTunes app > “File” > “Library” > “Organize Library” and then check on “Consolidate Files” > “Done.” Once the file has been consolidated, you must locate the specific iTunes file you will be backing up. To locate the file, go to “Finder” > home folder > “music folder” > “iTunes Folder”.
iCloud is best for backing up photos and videos. To do this, simply go to “ System Preferences” > “iCloud.” Once there, select the files you do and do not want to download. This will allow your photos and videos to upload in full resolution.
For more extensive help on backing up important files, contact M&H Consults for help on this and any other technological questions.
When making your first transition from a Windows computer to Macs, there may be many new aspects that can be difficult to get accustomed to. There are many basic features that are very different on Macs: from track pad navigation to shutting down an application. Fortunately, there are many ways to bring those same basic features into your Mac experience. Follow along to learn about how this can be done.
When using a Macbook for the first time, you instantly notice two major changes in relation to your trackpad. The first is that the scrolling direction is different, and the second is that there is no right-click! Unlike Windows devices, to scroll down a page on Macs, your fingers have to swipe down, whereas Windows requires you to swipe up. To change this, you can navigate to “System Preference” > “Trackpad” > “Scroll & Zoom” and then check off “Scroll Direction: Natural.” Although there is no way to instantly create a right click button on the trackpad, you can tap on it with two fingers to get the “right-click” effect.
The Delete Button:
If you are a long time Windows user, then you must know the difference between the backspace and delete buttons. Unlike Windows, Macs only provide users with a delete key, which functions the way the backspace button does. As far as the Windows delete button, there is no real delete key on Macs. To bring the right of cursor deleting feature to your Mac, you must press on “Fn” and “delete” at the same time.
A different feature that can be frustrating to long time Windows users when making the switch is the finder’s name search. When searching for a file on a Mac, a various amount of files pop up in no particular file organization matter. On a Windows computer, after searching for a file by name, the results will be organized with folders at the top and other files below, unlike Macs. Luckily, this can be adjusted by going to “Finder” > “Preferences” > “Advanced” and then selecting “Keep folders on top when sorting by name.”
Need further assistance on your new computer? Contact M&H!
If you have recently purchased a brand new Macbook, you have probably noticed its cool new feature, the touch bar! There are many new tricks and technological life hacks provided by the touch bar, which is why we have decided to share the details with you. Follow along to learn about some of the tricks below.
One simple, but useful trick, is the volume and brightness adjuster. With the touch bar you can simply tap on the volume or brightness button and then slide up or down to adjust them to the perfect level for you. Sure, the respective buttons will still be on the keyboard if you would rather use that, but using the touch bar allows for more precision.
Another simple way to use the touch bar is to communicate with Siri. All you have to do is press and hold the Siri button on the touch bar and give your command. Once your command has been made you can release the button and she will be able to complete her task. Easy, isn’t it?
Jumping ahead or backwards on a video or song is now an easy act. Once you are on the video or music application, a bar-like buttons appears on the touch bar. Tap on that button and slide your fingers over the scrub tool to jump ahead or behind. This is a great feature for those who are in the video editing business.
Are the applications available on the control strip not ones you typically use? These can be changed. You can manage available apps by going to System Preferences > keyboard > Customize Control Strip. Once there, you can drag and drop buttons more relevant to what you use onto the control strip.
With its cool new features, the Macbook’s new touch bar has come to make getting tasks done more easily and quickly.
Do you have wireless connecting surround systems in your home of various other wireless connected devices throughout your home that don’t seem to sync correctly? Maybe your surround system, although sounding amazing, is a second or a few milliseconds delayed. This can all change later on this year thanks to Wi-Fi Certified TimeSync.
According to studies shared by Wi-Fi Alliance, an average home has about eight connected devices per home, which makes TimeSync useful for everyone. This is a tool that is designed to keep time and functions synced all the way down to the microsecond. This tool will work with audio playback, which means that you will no longer have to deal with mismatched audio and video play. This tool will also support vehicles with multiple video screens, allowing visuals to appear at the same exact time.
Although home systems will surely benefit from TimeSync, this new tool will be of greater help for the manufacturing and healthcare industries. In the manufacturing industry timing is of essence. Many tasks in the industry have to be completed in precise and perfect alignment. This is what helps manufacturers complet materials with limited errors and of great quantity. This is where TimeSync will come in to make sure tasks are completed in perfect alignment.
TimeSync will play an important role in the healthcare industry for many reasons. One major reason for its importance has to do with the fact that different sensors on patients need to be time synced in order to help doctors fully understand how one particular action in time can affect the patient. In order to do this accurately, the timing of each event has to be accurate as well. Having this tool in hospitals and throughout the many healthcare devices will help create accurate and effective data.
For more information on what TimeSync is and how it can affect your business, contact M&H for help.