In today’s digital world your small- or medium-sized company is like a castle that needs to be defended from attacks by hackers, viruses, and cyber criminals. Like the moats and turrets of castles from the middle ages, your castle probably also has various lines of defense. While you may engage password, protections, firewalls, backups, and the latest cybersecurity, one defense that you still may want to consider is “the cloud.”
For many companies keeping data “in the cloud” has become a fact of life, but others still have yet to recognize the benefits of lower costs, operational agility, and adaptability that can come with a professional IT group managing your data in the cloud. The idea behind having a company manage your cloud data is that instead of overwhelming your IT Department with fending off cyber attacks daily, that security is managed through the cloud. For example cloud security means that you have employed the security experts who are following best practices to keep your sensitive data safe.
Here are some questions to consider when choosing the security of a cloud company.
- Does your company have a dedicated team focused on security? How many will be able to access your data?
- Is data encrypted by default?
- How is data secured when in transit across the public internet?
- How are the physical data centers secured? What layers of security are operational?
- What is the process for preventing, detecting, and countering network intrusions?
- How are users authenticated? Get specifics on types of authentication.
- Which security certifications have been done, if any?
Do you have questions about your IT security and need help tightening up your SMB? Call M&H Consulting today at 1-(866)-964-8324 or visit our website M&H Consults