Most of us like to start the New Year with a clean slate. We like to start fresh and do things differently, or at least better in the coming year. Unfortunately, for most of us these resolutions are long forgotten by the third week of January. A “Computer Clean Out Resolution” may be one that you will benefit from not just at the start of the New Year but also throughout the entire year. Here are a few digital suggestions of how to clean out that crowded email folder, desktop, or overstuffed folders this year. If you do this you may find that your computer runs better, looks more organized and keeps you efficiently “on-track.”
- For starters clean off your system’s desktop. Your desktop should not be a storage area. You may need to take 5-10 minutes at the start of each day to get this one under control especially for the long run.
- Empty your trash or recycling bin.
- Clear out your documents and downloads folder.
- Clean out your apps and programs that you have not used in a while. Do this on your smartphones and tablets as well.
- Recycle the electronics that have been filling up the junk drawer at home or work. Usually towns and cities have an electronic recycle day once or twice a year. Take advantage of it.
- Tackle the email. Yes, I said it. Start organizing folders of email even if it means starting with naming folders “Mail from 2017” and so on. Then get more detailed. You will be so happy once you have scrubbed all the junk and are left with folders that mean something when you are in a rush to find an important document.
Most of us let time slip by and these tasks get pushed aside to a day when we “have the time.” Use the new year as a marker to get yourself digitally organized. Need help? Call M&H Consulting at 1-(866)-964-8324 or visit our website at http://www.mhconsults.com