When it comes to Operating Systems (OS), there are definitely two that stand out among the many, and those are Windows and Appleâ€™s OSX. If you are wondering which one would be the best for your company to use, then read on to the following where we will be comparing and contrasting these OS for you.
Windows is a widely popular operating system in the business world. This OS has had many versions, like Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (most popular version today). Here are the pros and cons available with the OS.
- Minimizes compatibility issues
- Has the largest library of commercial software
- Has fast start up
- Free upgrades are available
- Built-in digital voice-responsive assistant named Cortana (Available with Windows 10)
- Less touch-friendly because of the need for browser extension
- Is more susceptible to crashes, viruses and malware
- Less open source software (OSS) available to users
Apple OSX Yosemite:
Appleâ€™s OSX operating system is thought to be one of the more easy to use systems. This OS is more popular when it comes to creative content, whether it is visual or written. Here are some pros and cons available with the OS.
- Less viruses and malware, therefore less crashes
- Revamped new looks consistently
- Free updates available for Macs made in 2008 or later
- Extension of usage on iPhones and/or iPods from your Mac
- Most efficient screen landscape with social media, and Apple ecosystem assimilation
- Expenses for software upgrades each year can become expensive
- Software upgrades can cause a small learning curve for new features
- OS is only available on Apple hardware
Overall, both of these OS are popular today. When deciding which one you think is best for your company, you must take into consideration the types of jobs you would want to use the OS for. If you are looking for a system to do more factual or business-type work, then considering a Windows OS would be best. If your company is more creative based both visually and in writing, then you should consider OSX.